ULRICH von Dillingen und Kiburg, son of HARTMANN [III] Graf von Dillingen und Kiburg & his wife Richenza von Lenzburg (-1227, bur Schänis). Graf von Kiburg. Crusader 1190. Vogt von Schänis, Beromünster und Glarus 1212.
m ANNA von Zähringen, daughter of BERTHOLD IV Herzog von Zähringen & his first wife Heilwig [von Froburg]. The Chronicle of Alberic de Trois-Fontaines names "ducem Bertoldum…et duas sorores" as children of "ducem Bertoldum" & his wife, specifying that the younger daughter was "comitissa Kiburgensis" and had many children.
Graf Ulrich & his wife had six children:
1. WERNER [I] (-Acre 1228). Graf von Kiburg. m as her first husband, ALIX [Bertha] de Lorraine, daughter of FERRY II Duke of Lorraine & his wife Agnes de Bar (-[Apr/29 Sep 1242], bur Clairlieu). The Chronicle of Alberic de Trois-Fontaines names "Aaliz relictam comitis Kyburgensis sororem ducis Lotharingie Mathei" when recording her second marriage to "Galtherus de Vangionis Rivo…filius Galtherius". She married secondly (before Nov 1229) Gautier [II] Sire de Vignory. Graf Werner [I] & his wife had three children:
a) HARTMANN [V] (-3 Sep 1263, bur Wettingen). Graf von Kiburg. The Community of "Uriburt" promised to observe the donation by "Conte Hartmano di Kibourg" with the consent of "Conte Hartmano Giuniore" to "Dama Margarita Moglie del detto Conte H. Seniore" by charter dated 1241. The necrology of Wettingen records the death "III Non Sep 1263" of "Hermannus com iunior de Kiburg et Anna uxor eius". The index of benefactors of Wettingen records the death in 1263 of "Hartmannus com de Kiburg iunior…benefactor" and his burial "apud sacellum beatæ Mariæ Virginis". The necrology of Fraubrunnen records the death "IV Non Sep" of "Graf Hartman der jünger". m firstly (before 9 Feb 1248) ANNA von Rapperswil, daughter of RUDOLF II [VIII] Graf von Rapperswil (-30 May 1253). The necrology of Wettingen records the death "III Kal Jun" of "domina Anna de Kiburg", recalled in the later entry "III Non Sep 1263" of "Hermannus com iunior de Kiburg et Anna uxor eius". m secondly (contract 27 Jan 1254) ELISABETH de Chalon, daughter of HUGUES de Chalons Sire de Salins Comte Palatin de Bourgogne & his wife Alix von Andechs-Merano Ctss Palatine de Bourgogne (-9 Jul 1275). The primary source which confirms her parentage and marriage has not yet been identified. She became a Clarissan nun at Freiburg. Graf Hartmann [V] & his first wife had one child:
i) WERNER (-after 4 Jun 1253).
Graf Hartmann [V] & his second wife had two children:
ii) ANNA . 1263/83. m ([30 Oct/12 Dec] 1271) EBERHARD Graf von Habsburg-Laufenburg, son of RUDOLF I "der Schweigsame" Graf von Habsburg-Laufenburg & his wife Gertrud von Regensberg (-1284, before 2 Jun). Graf von Kiburg.
iii) son (posthumously 1264-before 7 Feb 1265).
b) CLEMENTIA . 1248/49. m firstly RUDOLF [I] Graf von Montfort (-[Oct 1244/1247]). m secondly --- Graf von Hohenberg .
c) ADELHEID . 1258. m (before 29 Sep 1242) FRIEDRICH [III] Graf von Leiningen in Dagsburg und Hardenburg, son of FRIEDRICH [II] Graf von Leiningen & his wife Agnes von Eberstein (-1287).
2. HARTMANN [III] (-27 Nov 1264, bur Wettingen). Graf von Kiburg. The necrology of Wettingen records the death "V Kal Dec 1262" of "com Hartmannus senior de Kiburg". m (contract Mouden 1 Jun 1216) MARGUERITE de Savoie, daughter of THOMAS I Comte de Savoie (1212-1/2 Sep 1270 or 1273). Her parentage is established by the 1264 testament of her brother Boniface. The contract of marriage between "Principessa Margarita figlia del Conte Tommasi di Savoia ed il Conte Artemano figlio del Conte Uldrico di Kibourg" is dated 1 Jun 1218. The Chronicon Colmarense records that "comes…[Kiburc]" married "filiam comitis de Sabaudia". According to Europäische Stammtafeln, Marguerite de Savoie married secondly Eberhard von Habsburg-Laufenburg, son of Rudolf III Graf von Habsburg-Laufenburg & his wife Gertrud von Regensberg. Apart from the unlikelihood of Graf Eberhard (who at the time must have been at least 40 years old) marrying as his first wife a lady over 50 years old, his marriage to Anna heiress of Kiburg is recorded as having taken place in [30 Oct/12 Dec] 1271 when Marguerite was still alive. In addition, the Chronicle of Hautecombe refers to Marguerite as 'Margarita comitissa de Quiborch in Alemania' when she died, with no mention of Habsburg-Laufenburg. The necrology of Waldens records the death "Kal Sep" of "Margareta com de Kuberg". The necrology of Fraubrunnen records the death "1 Kal Sep" of "Her Hartman graf von Kyburg und frow Margreta sin gemachel", the date apparently referring to the death of Marguerite. The necrology of Wettingen records the death "IV Non Sep" of "Margareta com de Kiburch".
3. ULRICH (-17 Jun 1237). Canon at Basel Cathedral 1223. Canon at Konstanz Cathedral 1229. Provost of Beromünster and Imperial chaplain 1231/34. Bishop of Chur 1233.
4. HEILWIG (-30 Apr 1260, bur Muri). The Ellenhardi Chronicon refers to the wife of "Alberti comitis in Habichburg…lantgravius Alsatie superioris" as "filia comitis in Kiburch". m () ALBRECHT [IV] "der Weise" von Habsburg, son of RUDOLF II "der Alte" Graf von Habsburg, Herr zu Laufenburg & his wife Agnes von Staufen (-Ascalon, Palestine 22 Nov 1240). He succeeded his father in 1232 as Graf von Habsburg.
5. MECHTILD . 1232. m RUDOLF [I] Graf von Rapperswil (-1250). The index of benefactors of Wettingen records the death in 1250 of "Rudolphus com de Raperschwyl, patruus fundatoris" and his burial at Wettingen.
6. ADELHEID (-1231 or after). The primary source which confirms her parentage and marriage has not yet been identified. m GERHARD [IV] Graf von Dollnstein und Hirschberg, son of GERHARD [II] Graf von Dollnstein & his wife --- (-1225).